Monday, September 13, 2010

New pattern...

Seems I got myself into trouble - AGAIN - and added myself as a designer in Ravelry. So I need to post the design, don't I?

Here's the Slant Shell pattern for a baby blanket.
This can be done with any yarn and hook of choosing. The pattern is simple and can be done in any size, just add chains accordingly.
Chain 113 chains, sc into 5ch from hook, 2ch, 2 dc into same ch, skip 2 ch, [sc, 2ch, 2dc in same ch, skip 2ch] repeat across, dc in last ch.
Turn with 3 ch, and around sc,2ch from last row, [1sc, 2ch, 2dc,] repeat across, end with 1dc into 5ch loop from beginning.
Turn with 3ch, repeat pattern until you reach the length of project you like, but keep in mind that when you've done this, you might want to add a border.
I continue with the pattern around the edges, for 5-8 rounds, depending on how big I want the border to be. You can either work the border in the round, or back and forth, to achieve the same look as on the main body of the blanket.



More pics to follow. Enjoy!





2 comments:

illbeinmybook January 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM  

Hi. I love this! But can you tell me the multiple for the starting chain?

Valorie Davis March 22, 2021 at 4:53 PM  

I'm trying to find a pattern similar to this one for the Great Granddaughter of a friend who has passed away. My friend Fran crocheted a lot of lap afghans, small afghans, baby afghans for Veterans in hospitals, long term care facilities. She also made a lot for gifts. The great granddaughter thought she would like to learn to crochet and make afghans for donation as her great grandmother did.
Thank you for posting this one. It looks close enough to print up and give to the granddaughter along with some of her grandmother's yarn and crochet hooks. Thank you!
Valorie Davis
davisvalorie@yahoo.com