Tuesday, March 2, 2010

From the sewing chest....

I guess I'll have to take a picture of the sewing chest, so you can see it with your own eyes! But until that happens, here's a treasure trove from said chest!

 

  

  

I need to find myself a project that I can work these beautiful stitches into. The quality of the photos isn't great, and some of the samplers are stained with coffee. To be honest, I can't even tell you if the coffee staines are my doing or granny's! But what a treasure it is, to have some things made by loving hands several decades ago!
My granny was a dress maker and a tailor, and she made beautiful clothes. I have some of her clothes in my closet. Beautiful WWII-era ensembles - two of them in fact - a jacket, and a beatiful coat. I need to find a model or a mannequin to take pictures of them to show you!

0 comments: